Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to participate via webinar in a free Department of the Interior Library Training Session entitled "Protecting Our Nation's Cultural Heritage: An Overview of Laws and Legislation" on Tuesday, September 22nd from 2:00 to 3:00 pm ET, part of our series of free training sessions available from the DOI Library.

Although limited in scope, the Antiquities Act of 1906 reflected a growing interest in protecting historical and cultural properties. Congress later adopted a series of supplemental statutes that gave impetus to historical preservation programs. The first such law was the Historical Sites, Buildings, and Antiquities Act of 1935. Congress then enacted the National Historic Preservation Act in 1966, and the Archeological Resources Protection Act in 1979. Congress stipulated that historical and cultural resources are environmental concerns when it specified the objectives of the Reservoir Act of 1960, and the National Environmental Policy Act in 1969. Finally, Congress gave recognition and protection to the historical culture and heritage of Native Americans by enacting the Native American Graves Protection and Reparation Act in 1991. Please join Law Librarian Amy Bilyeu as she presents an overview of these acts, some of which have been influenced by court decisions, and provides visual examples for these laws.

All that are interested are invited.  Please go to the following link to request webinar registration information:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=urWTBhhLe02TQfMvQApUlFEdn8G3vZVKlnYWFjYkWjhURE5XNEZXMlo1SktQV0VRRk85NkdPOTlKSi4u

You may contact the Library by e-mail at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for more information about this program or if you have trouble reaching us using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can join us virtually on September 22nd!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Phone: (202) 208-3796
Fax: (202) 208-6773
Library URL: http://www.doi.gov/library
OFAS URL: http://www.doi.gov/ofas

[cid:dab4b6f7-d832-4432-a40c-4e0f6d13e3aa]