Chris-Another tool is to combine the tracks while listening.Making it mono.
The azimuth setting is most easily fine-tuned  that way--Mickey

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Gillett
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 2:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Delayed Channels on Cassette Tapes

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure if you know that  cassettes are notorious for azimuth
misalignment on playback. Experts in  tape digitization align the
tape replay head to the recorded patterns on each tape being played.
It involves carefully adjusting the azimuth screw on the machine's
playback head while listening.  We aim to extract the brightest,
clearest sound off the tape.  After this has been done, an Azimuth
Corrector tool might be also used to fine tune the small remaining
misalignments, especially dynamically changing misalignments which
occur too quickly to be corrected by adjusting the head's azimuth
screw.

An Azimuth Corrector is generally not very good on a true stereo
recording as it can struggle to distinguish between intended and
unintended inter channel delays.

Cheers  Tim.