From: Jon Samuels
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2020 1:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] storing shellac records, open reel tapes, etc. in very
cold weather

A friend of mine asked me a question I was unable to answer, so I thought
I'd ask if anyone out there has any specific knowledge. He's storing
shellac pressings, open reel tapes, CDRs and DATs in an unheated garage in
the Northeast of the U. S. Temperatures in Winter can go below 0 degrees
Fahrenheit, and are often in the single digits above 0. The materials are
stored in heavy duty, sealed plastic boxes. Will any harm come to any of
the materials by being stored in Winter in that environment? He
currently has no other place to store this material. I'd like to give him
some wise advice, if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Jon Samuels