NBC had recording facilities in each of their six network owned and
operated radio facilities, one of which was WTAM in Cleveland. Most of
their transcriptions and line checks were made in New York, Chicago, and
San Francisco (supplanted by Hollywood in the late 1930s), but they were
fully capable of doing it in Cleveland.

Michael Shoshani
Chicago