Thanks Gary and Steve for your messages and feedback.

As regards Édouard Colonne recordings at Pathé : it is true there were
cylinders of orchestra directed by Colonne on some 1901 Pathé
catalogues. Yet I've got/seen three examples of these 1901 Colonne
cylinders, all of the nice artistic series with a photo portrait of the
artist on lid of green boxes. Alas, these three cylinders are as moldy
as they can be, and probably inaudible.

One still can hope to find good copies of these cylinders someday...
with the idea that all of them are not doomed. Actually some other
cylinders of the same artistic series (one vaudeville singer : Polin, a
few opera/operetta singers such as Judic, Marignan, Fournets,
Melchissedec, Soulacroix, Vaguet, or violinist Louis Planel) play
beautifully when in good condition...

The Colonne 1906-1907 discs are actual takes done in 1906-1907, and
clearly not transfers of these 1901 cylinders. To my knowledge these
discs were not issued before 1919 or 1920, on paper label only. They are
compiled on a CD
https://www.discogs.com/Edouard-Colonne-His-Complete-Path%C3%A9-Recordings-Ca-1906/release/2280096

Only one audible on the Phonobase : Les ruines d'Athènes (Beethoven),
recorded 1906-1907, transferred on paper label dated 22/01/1919 (crazy,
yes ! Date is visible on tiny reverse handwritten digits around the
label). http://www.phonobase.org/11146.html

With greetings from France

Henri

--