Bad batch, or storage, or anything. Because I was cautious I tried only one
reel. That was a success. I have now tried another dozen, so far 100%
success. Whoever made that tape made it on quality mylar I guess. After
baking it works flawlessly, so far. I have about 300 reels to work with so
I'll be able to report success rate when done in a few months. It's a back
burner project.

Cheers
Shai Drori
Expert digitization services for Audio Video
3K scanning for film 8mm-35mm
Timeless Recordings Music Label
www.audiovideofilm.com