Shai:

I would be VERY careful about baking the blue reels. That tape is
extremely thin, and may warp in the process, depending on tension of the
pack. Also, if you are using an SN machine to play the tapes back, the
rather low tape tension may aggravate dropouts (although the thinner
tape helps).

I would definitely try vacuum extraction before baking.

Strange, I have done quite a number of SN tape transfers over the years,
and have never run into an issue with binder hydrolysis or shedding.
Could have been a bad batch I suppose.

--Scott

Scott D. Smith CAS
Chicago Audio Works, Inc.