Hello all,

The Smithsonian Libraries invites you to a special online event featuring author Steve Berry. On November 19th at 5pm, Steve, along with his wife Elizabeth, will discuss how he wove the Libraries and other institutional history in to his recent book The Lost Order.

This event is free and open to the public but registration is required. See additional event information on our webpage: https://library.si.edu/event/lost-order-steve-berry

Best,

Erin

Erin Clements Rushing
Outreach Librarian
Smithsonian Libraries

With an almost 175-year history, the Smithsonian is full of little-known stories and secret spots the public never sees. It has long been the inspiration for and played a part in popular media, such as movies, television, and books.

New York Times bestselling author and Smithsonian Libraries Advisory Board emeritus member Steve Berry brought the Smithsonian and our staff to life in The Lost Order, a modern-day thriller built around nuggets of Smithsonian history. Figuring prominently in the novel is the Smithsonian Castle and its real-life hidden passages. Join Steve and his wife Elizabeth Berry to hear how Steve wove the Castle, the Smithsonian Libraries, and the rich history of this storied institution into The Lost Order.

Please join us on Thursday, November 19 at 5 PM ET. We wanted to make sure you had the first opportunity to sign up as a Smithsonian Libraries supporter! After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the program.

Thank you to our generous sponsor of this program!

Sponsor: Anonymous

We're still seeking sponsors. If you're interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact our Advancement team.

TOP IMAGE: A fertilizer mist enshrouds the Smithsonian Castle, 1979, by Richard K. Hofmeister. Smithsonian Institution Archives, Record Unit 371, Image no. 2003-3451.

Get Social

Connect with us!

The Smithsonian Libraries is advancing knowledge at home and around the world.

Supporters like you help us accomplish this mission.

Your donation is greatly appreciated.

Smithsonian Libraries | 1000 Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC 20560

Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.