Hi Martin,

Buy the interface with the best clock because that will be the lowest
jitter. BTW, the Fireface 800 is excellent. For example: M-Audio
products have sample clocks that typically are about 10 times less
stable than RME. That said, I still have an M-Audio Firewire 1814 that
is ready as a spare.

To put it another way: "You get what you pay for."

My $0.02

~CB

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
www.baileyzone.net