Hi Dave,

Just to clarify:

When I wrote that I was always amazed that cassette fidelity was as good
as it was, I was referring to the psychics involved. Most people aren't
aware that the specs for the compact cassette are referenced at -20dB as
opposed to 1/4" reel-to-reel at 15IPS (or greater) which is referenced
at 0 dB or +4, etc. (7.5 IPS, 1/4"  reel-to-reel is referenced at -10dB).

Happy Holidays,
CB
Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
www.baileyzone.net