For transferring records (Discs) I, most often, monitor from headphones
to avoid any possibility of the speakers influencing the transfer. I use
an extension for freedom of movement although I sometimes trip over the
headphone extension cord...Grrrr

I'm not sure why you have latency issues. Could be several things & you
have to check them all. Because I use two computers, I will experience a
small difference between them (<30ms) which can be attributed to a
difference in sample rate.

Happy Holidays,

CB

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering