Print

Print




_____________________________
ANNE JENNER
Pacific Northwest Curator
Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
 [log in to unmask]
office - (206) 685-2856
mobile (309) 235-8235
Learn more about the PNW Collection https://guides.lib.uw.edu/research/pnw/home
Due to concerns over COVID-19, UW Special Collections is closed until further notice. 
For the most up to date information please go to the UW Libraries Coronavirus webpage.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of ARSCLIST automatic digest system
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2020 9:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ARSCLIST Digest - 2 Dec 2020 to 7 Dec 2020 (#2020-247)

There are 13 messages totaling 810 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT (6)
  2. Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT (4)
  3. History of the Record Industry (1949)
  4. 2020 Annual Salary & Demographics Survey of the Field
  5. UCSB Sound recording trade catalog collection

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 09:43:24 +0000
From:    Chris Brady <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT

See this link for details on an online lecture about the inventor of stereo one Alan Blumlein from Hayes, Middx., UK

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hayes-Town-News---A-crossing-at-last.html

Mystery of death flight revealed - Monday 7 December
		
Stereo sound was invented at the original Central Research Laboratory at the old EMI works in Hayes - now known as The Old Vinyl Factory.
The inventor was a genius called Alan Blumlein. He also invented airborne radar which was a vital element in Britain winning the Second World War. This work had to be kept secret as was his untimely death in a plane crash in 1942. That is why he never became famous but now the Institution of Engineering and Technology is holding a lecture to tell the story about what happened on that fateful flight. It will be online on Monday 7 December at 7 30pm.

Click here to book a place
[https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2020/12/07/alan-blumlein-the-story-behind-the-fateful-flight-249074]

====

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 12:36:29 -0500
From:    Graham Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT

On 12/7/2020 4:43 AM, Chris Brady wrote:

> See this link for details on an online lecture about the inventor of 
> stereo one Alan Blumlein from Hayes, Middx., UK
> 
> https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hayes-Town-News---A-crossing-at-la
> st.html
> 
> Mystery of death flight revealed - Monday 7 December

I tried the link and got a blank white page!

> Click here to book a place
> [https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2020/12/07/alan-blumlein-the-sto
> ry-behind-the-fateful-flight-249074]

I clicked this link and got a detailed page of "what's on in London"
Further scrolled down and clicked on the part about Blumlein and got the same "what's on in London" page with no place to sign up for the meeting.

HELLLLP!  How can I sign up for the meeting?

Is it being held using ZOOM?

What is GMT in terms of Eastern Standard Time  (EST)?

I'd really appreciate a fast answer on this from someone, anyone?




... Graham Newton

--
Audio Restoration by Graham Newton, http://www.audio-restoration.com World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 17:50:45 +0000
From:    Chris Brady <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT

Here's the about page:

https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/about/

Email:  [log in to unmask]

I'm in London and I cannot find a booking page either.

CJB

On 07/12/2020, Graham Newton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 12/7/2020 4:43 AM, Chris Brady wrote:
>
>> See this link for details on an online lecture about the inventor of 
>> stereo one Alan Blumlein from Hayes, Middx., UK
>>
>> https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hayes-Town-News---A-crossing-at-l
>> ast.html
>>
>> Mystery of death flight revealed - Monday 7 December
>
> I tried the link and got a blank white page!
>
>> Click here to book a place
>> [https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2020/12/07/alan-blumlein-the-st
>> ory-behind-the-fateful-flight-249074]
>
> I clicked this link and got a detailed page of "what's on in London"
> Further scrolled down and clicked on the part about Blumlein and got 
> the same "what's on in London" page with no place to sign up for the 
> meeting.
>
> HELLLLP!  How can I sign up for the meeting?
>
> Is it being held using ZOOM?
>
> What is GMT in terms of Eastern Standard Time  (EST)?
>
> I'd really appreciate a fast answer on this from someone, anyone?
>
>
>
>
> ... Graham Newton
>
> --
> Audio Restoration by Graham Newton, http://www.audio-restoration.com 
> World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph 
> records for consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.
>


--
MSc. (O.R.); BSc. (Ind Maths); Dip. Ed. (F.E.); Cert Mgt (O.U.) Health & Safety Rep. - Unite (MSF/AMICUS) + Brit. Airways Freelance Investigative Journalist - re:
Rogue Leasehold / Managing / Letting / Estate Agents



-- 
MSc. (O.R.); BSc. (Ind Maths); Dip. Ed. (F.E.); Cert Mgt (O.U.)
Health & Safety Rep. - Unite (MSF/AMICUS) + Brit. Airways
Freelance Investigative Journalist - re:
Rogue Leasehold / Managing / Letting / Estate Agents

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 17:55:58 +0000
From:    Chris Brady <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT

Ian -

URGENT

Folks do not seem to be able to sign up for the Alan Blumlein presentation.

Clicking on the heading for the presentation only brings up the same page.

Please advise. This email sent at 18.00 - 90 mins to go!!!

Failing this please circulate a link - Zoom perhaps?

Or please record the presentation and put it onto YouTibe.

Thank you -

C.J.Brady
London UK.

Blum

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Graham Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 12:36:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT


On 12/7/2020 4:43 AM, Chris Brady wrote:

> See this link for details on an online lecture about the inventor of
> stereo one Alan Blumlein from Hayes, Middx., UK
>
> https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hayes-Town-News---A-crossing-at-last.html
>
> Mystery of death flight revealed - Monday 7 December

I tried the link and got a blank white page!

> Click here to book a place
> [https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2020/12/07/alan-blumlein-the-story-behind-the-fateful-flight-249074]

I clicked this link and got a detailed page of "what's on in London"

Further scrolled down and clicked on the part about Blumlein and got the same

"what's on in London" page with no place to sign up for the meeting.

HELLLLP!  How can I sign up for the meeting?

Is it being held using ZOOM?

I'd really appreciate a fast answer on this from someone, anyone?

... Graham Newton

-- 
Audio Restoration by Graham Newton, http://www.audio-restoration.com
World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 18:58:23 +0100
From:    Francesco Martinelli <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT

https://events.theiet.org/events/alan-blumlein/

Il giorno lun 7 dic 2020 alle ore 18:57 Chris Brady <[log in to unmask]>
ha scritto:

> Ian -
>
> URGENT
>
> Folks do not seem to be able to sign up for the Alan Blumlein presentation.
>
> Clicking on the heading for the presentation only brings up the same page.
>
> Please advise. This email sent at 18.00 - 90 mins to go!!!
>
> Failing this please circulate a link - Zoom perhaps?
>
> Or please record the presentation and put it onto YouTibe.
>
> Thank you -
>
> C.J.Brady
> London UK.
>
> Blum
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Graham Newton <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 12:36:29 -0500
> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT
>
>
> On 12/7/2020 4:43 AM, Chris Brady wrote:
>
> > See this link for details on an online lecture about the inventor of
> > stereo one Alan Blumlein from Hayes, Middx., UK
> >
> >
> https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hayes-Town-News---A-crossing-at-last.html
> >
> > Mystery of death flight revealed - Monday 7 December
>
> I tried the link and got a blank white page!
>
> > Click here to book a place
> > [
> https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2020/12/07/alan-blumlein-the-story-behind-the-fateful-flight-249074
> ]
>
> I clicked this link and got a detailed page of "what's on in London"
>
> Further scrolled down and clicked on the part about Blumlein and got the
> same
>
> "what's on in London" page with no place to sign up for the meeting.
>
> HELLLLP!  How can I sign up for the meeting?
>
> Is it being held using ZOOM?
>
> I'd really appreciate a fast answer on this from someone, anyone?
>
> ... Graham Newton
>
> --
> Audio Restoration by Graham Newton, http://www.audio-restoration.com
> World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
> consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.
>


-- 
inviato dal mio pulsatore a bassa cutena
Francesco Martinelli
Lungarno Mediceo 10
56127 P I S A   I T A L Y
+39 335 5617207

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 18:01:43 +0000
From:    James Perrett <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT

Try https://events.theiet.org/events/alan-blumlein/

James

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020, 09:46 Chris Brady, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> See this link for details on an online lecture about the inventor of
> stereo one Alan Blumlein from Hayes, Middx., UK
>
>
> https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hayes-Town-News---A-crossing-at-last.html
>
> Mystery of death flight revealed - Monday 7 December
>
> Stereo sound was invented at the original Central Research Laboratory
> at the old EMI works in Hayes - now known as The Old Vinyl Factory.
> The inventor was a genius called Alan Blumlein. He also invented
> airborne radar which was a vital element in Britain winning the Second
> World War. This work had to be kept secret as was his untimely death
> in a plane crash in 1942. That is why he never became famous but now
> the Institution of Engineering and Technology is holding a lecture to
> tell the story about what happened on that fateful flight. It will be
> online on Monday 7 December at 7 30pm.
>
> Click here to book a place
> [
> https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2020/12/07/alan-blumlein-the-story-behind-the-fateful-flight-249074
> ]
>
> ====
>

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 18:05:45 +0000
From:    Chris Brady <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fwd: [ARSCLIST] Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT

I have searched the main site and there are no ways to book the event.

However Francesco from Italy has emailed this link:

https://events.theiet.org/events/alan-blumlein/

Also James Perrett from the US has sent the same link.

I hope that it works.

Chris B.



On 07/12/2020, Francesco Martinelli <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> https://events.theiet.org/events/alan-blumlein/
>
> Il giorno lun 7 dic 2020 alle ore 18:57 Chris Brady <[log in to unmask]>
> ha scritto:
>
>> Ian -
>>
>> URGENT
>>
>> Folks do not seem to be able to sign up for the Alan Blumlein
>> presentation.
>>
>> Clicking on the heading for the presentation only brings up the same
>> page.
>>
>> Please advise. This email sent at 18.00 - 90 mins to go!!!
>>
>> Failing this please circulate a link - Zoom perhaps?
>>
>> Or please record the presentation and put it onto YouTibe.
>>
>> Thank you -
>>
>> C.J.Brady
>> London UK.
>>
>> Blum
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>> From: Graham Newton <[log in to unmask]>
>> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 12:36:29 -0500
>> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT
>>
>>
>> On 12/7/2020 4:43 AM, Chris Brady wrote:
>>
>> > See this link for details on an online lecture about the inventor of
>> > stereo one Alan Blumlein from Hayes, Middx., UK
>> >
>> >
>> https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hayes-Town-News---A-crossing-at-last.html
>> >
>> > Mystery of death flight revealed - Monday 7 December
>>
>> I tried the link and got a blank white page!
>>
>> > Click here to book a place
>> > [
>> https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2020/12/07/alan-blumlein-the-story-behind-the-fateful-flight-249074
>> ]
>>
>> I clicked this link and got a detailed page of "what's on in London"
>>
>> Further scrolled down and clicked on the part about Blumlein and got the
>> same
>>
>> "what's on in London" page with no place to sign up for the meeting.
>>
>> HELLLLP!  How can I sign up for the meeting?
>>
>> Is it being held using ZOOM?
>>
>> I'd really appreciate a fast answer on this from someone, anyone?
>>
>> ... Graham Newton
>>
>> --
>> Audio Restoration by Graham Newton, http://www.audio-restoration.com
>> World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records
>> for
>> consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.
>>
>
>
> --
> inviato dal mio pulsatore a bassa cutena
> Francesco Martinelli
> Lungarno Mediceo 10
> 56127 P I S A   I T A L Y
> +39 335 5617207
>


-- 
MSc. (O.R.); BSc. (Ind Maths); Dip. Ed. (F.E.); Cert Mgt (O.U.)
Health & Safety Rep. - Unite (MSF/AMICUS) + Brit. Airways
Freelance Investigative Journalist - re:
Rogue Leasehold / Managing / Letting / Estate Agents

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 18:11:08 +0000
From:    Chris Brady <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT

The Alan Blumlein presentation is on Zoom.

Hopefully it can be recorded and then uploaded to YouTube.

Meanwhile here's another of Alan's experimentation - the first stereo
sound in a film of a steam train going through Hayes Station. This is
only a short clip. I wonder where the full clip is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hOOuVtcX4

Chris B.

On 07/12/2020, Chris Brady <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have searched the main site and there are no ways to book the event.
>
> However Francesco from Italy has emailed this link:
>
> https://events.theiet.org/events/alan-blumlein/
>
> Also James Perrett from the US has sent the same link.
>
> I hope that it works.
>
> Chris B.
>
>
>
> On 07/12/2020, Francesco Martinelli <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> https://events.theiet.org/events/alan-blumlein/
>>
>> Il giorno lun 7 dic 2020 alle ore 18:57 Chris Brady
>> <[log in to unmask]>
>> ha scritto:
>>
>>> Ian -
>>>
>>> URGENT
>>>
>>> Folks do not seem to be able to sign up for the Alan Blumlein
>>> presentation.
>>>
>>> Clicking on the heading for the presentation only brings up the same
>>> page.
>>>
>>> Please advise. This email sent at 18.00 - 90 mins to go!!!
>>>
>>> Failing this please circulate a link - Zoom perhaps?
>>>
>>> Or please record the presentation and put it onto YouTibe.
>>>
>>> Thank you -
>>>
>>> C.J.Brady
>>> London UK.
>>>
>>> Blum
>>>
>>> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Graham Newton <[log in to unmask]>
>>> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 12:36:29 -0500
>>> Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm
>>> GMT
>>>
>>>
>>> On 12/7/2020 4:43 AM, Chris Brady wrote:
>>>
>>> > See this link for details on an online lecture about the inventor of
>>> > stereo one Alan Blumlein from Hayes, Middx., UK
>>> >
>>> >
>>> https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hayes-Town-News---A-crossing-at-last.html
>>> >
>>> > Mystery of death flight revealed - Monday 7 December
>>>
>>> I tried the link and got a blank white page!
>>>
>>> > Click here to book a place
>>> > [
>>> https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2020/12/07/alan-blumlein-the-story-behind-the-fateful-flight-249074
>>> ]
>>>
>>> I clicked this link and got a detailed page of "what's on in London"
>>>
>>> Further scrolled down and clicked on the part about Blumlein and got the
>>> same
>>>
>>> "what's on in London" page with no place to sign up for the meeting.
>>>
>>> HELLLLP!  How can I sign up for the meeting?
>>>
>>> Is it being held using ZOOM?
>>>
>>> I'd really appreciate a fast answer on this from someone, anyone?
>>>
>>> ... Graham Newton
>>>
>>> --
>>> Audio Restoration by Graham Newton, http://www.audio-restoration.com
>>> World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records
>>> for
>>> consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> inviato dal mio pulsatore a bassa cutena
>> Francesco Martinelli
>> Lungarno Mediceo 10
>> 56127 P I S A   I T A L Y
>> +39 335 5617207
>>
>
>
> --
> MSc. (O.R.); BSc. (Ind Maths); Dip. Ed. (F.E.); Cert Mgt (O.U.)
> Health & Safety Rep. - Unite (MSF/AMICUS) + Brit. Airways
> Freelance Investigative Journalist - re:
> Rogue Leasehold / Managing / Letting / Estate Agents
>


-- 
MSc. (O.R.); BSc. (Ind Maths); Dip. Ed. (F.E.); Cert Mgt (O.U.)
Health & Safety Rep. - Unite (MSF/AMICUS) + Brit. Airways
Freelance Investigative Journalist - re:
Rogue Leasehold / Managing / Letting / Estate Agents

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 18:16:49 +0000
From:    Chris Brady <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: History of the Record Industry (1949)

In London UK we have a local t.v. station Talking Pictures.

Sky 328  | Freeview 81    |  Freesat 306  |  Virgin 445

Talking Pictures is on Freeview channel 81 and they have a short film
about the origins of the record industry.

https://mailchi.mp/talkingpicturestv.co.uk/ffjpfyy8zr-674370

TUESDAY (08-12-2020)

History of the Record Industry (1949) at 6.30pm. (25 mins) This
documentary looks at the recording industry from its primitive
beginnings to the release of the first LPs and singles.

I will record this and upload it later.

Chris B.

P.S. You might be able to view this on Skye or Virgin.

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 18:38:23 +0000
From:    Laura Rooney <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: 2020 Annual Salary & Demographics Survey of the Field

The Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) asks that media archivists, media librarians, and other persons who preserve or provide access to audiovisual media in analog or digital formats participate in the 2020 Annual Salary & Demographics Survey of the Field.



The Survey is intended to gather data to determine factors impacting media archivists’ compensation and professional development. AMIA developed the Survey in response to member interest in data about the salary and working conditions of archival professionals broadly and, more specifically, media archivists. The Survey gathers data on age, race and ethnicity, sexual identity, level of education, years of professional experience, and other factors to examine how they might intersect to affect salary, employment, and professional advancement.

The first iteration of the Survey was developed in 2019 as a collaborative effort between AMIA and the National Film Preservation Board’s Diversity Task Force. The updated 2020 version of the Survey was developed by AMIA’s Advocacy Committee  in collaboration with Dr. Brian Real of Southern Connecticut State University, with many of the new questions addressing changes in archival workplaces that have occurred in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Any questions or concerns about the Survey should be directed to Dr. Real at [log in to unmask]

All responses are anonymous and only summary results will be published. Further information about the how data collected from the Survey will be disseminated is included in the text of the Survey itself.



Thank you for taking the Survey. If you know persons in the field who may not have received this note, we would be grateful if you could share it with them so that we can include their experiences.



The survey is available at:

https://scsu.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dCn6Lp3WNTLprL




________________________


Laura Rooney

AMIA

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 15:34:34 -0800
From:    David Seubert <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: UCSB Sound recording trade catalog collection

UCSB has updated the finding guide to our collection of sound recording
trade catalogs, which now numbers over 5,000 items.

The finding guide is here:
https://oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8v4128f/.

A direct link to the PDF of the inventory is here:
https://oac.cdlib.org/data/13030/8f/c8v4128f/files//cusb-pamss26-inventory.pdf
.

I can also send it as an Excel file if you prefer that.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

David

*David Seubert*
Curator, Performing Arts Collection
UC Santa Barbara Library
Office: (805) 893-5444
Email: [log in to unmask]

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 7 Dec 2020 17:44:46 -0600
From:    Joe Salerno <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT

Thanks for posting about this presentation, Chris. I was initially 
unable to reserve a spot, but got on the waiting list and did receive a 
"seat" in time to log on. Navigating that process was not terribly 
intuitive, but with some effort I prevailed.

It was not about his work in audio, yet I did enjoy it.

Joe Salerno


On 12/7/2020 3:43 AM, Chris Brady wrote:
> See this link for details on an online lecture about the inventor of
> stereo one Alan Blumlein from Hayes, Middx., UK
>
> https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hayes-Town-News---A-crossing-at-last.html
>
> Mystery of death flight revealed - Monday 7 December
> 		
> Stereo sound was invented at the original Central Research Laboratory
> at the old EMI works in Hayes - now known as The Old Vinyl Factory.
> The inventor was a genius called Alan Blumlein. He also invented
> airborne radar which was a vital element in Britain winning the Second
> World War. This work had to be kept secret as was his untimely death
> in a plane crash in 1942. That is why he never became famous but now
> the Institution of Engineering and Technology is holding a lecture to
> tell the story about what happened on that fateful flight. It will be
> online on Monday 7 December at 7 30pm.
>
> Click here to book a place
> [https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2020/12/07/alan-blumlein-the-story-behind-the-fateful-flight-249074]
>
> ====

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 8 Dec 2020 06:57:00 +0200
From:    Shai Drori <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Online Lecture - Alan Blumlein - Today 7.30pm GMT

Is there a recording of the lecture? I could not free myself at the time to
watch it.

Cheers
Shai Drori
Expert digitization services for Audio Video
3K scanning for film 8mm-35mm
Timeless Recordings Music Label
www.audiovideofilm.com
[log in to unmask]



On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 2:08 AM Joe Salerno <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks for posting about this presentation, Chris. I was initially
> unable to reserve a spot, but got on the waiting list and did receive a
> "seat" in time to log on. Navigating that process was not terribly
> intuitive, but with some effort I prevailed.
>
> It was not about his work in audio, yet I did enjoy it.
>
> Joe Salerno
>
>
> On 12/7/2020 3:43 AM, Chris Brady wrote:
> > See this link for details on an online lecture about the inventor of
> > stereo one Alan Blumlein from Hayes, Middx., UK
> >
> >
> https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hayes-Town-News---A-crossing-at-last.html
> >
> > Mystery of death flight revealed - Monday 7 December
> >
> > Stereo sound was invented at the original Central Research Laboratory
> > at the old EMI works in Hayes - now known as The Old Vinyl Factory.
> > The inventor was a genius called Alan Blumlein. He also invented
> > airborne radar which was a vital element in Britain winning the Second
> > World War. This work had to be kept secret as was his untimely death
> > in a plane crash in 1942. That is why he never became famous but now
> > the Institution of Engineering and Technology is holding a lecture to
> > tell the story about what happened on that fateful flight. It will be
> > online on Monday 7 December at 7 30pm.
> >
> > Click here to book a place
> > [
> https://www.ianvisits.co.uk/calendar/2020/12/07/alan-blumlein-the-story-behind-the-fateful-flight-249074
> ]
> >
> > ====
>

------------------------------

End of ARSCLIST Digest - 2 Dec 2020 to 7 Dec 2020 (#2020-247)
*************************************************************