iTunes stores album art in a separate folder, not embedded in the file! Try putting a WAV file into iTunes and add an image.

MP3 and such encoded files do take the image embedded in the file.

I think WAV does allow for metadata embedded in the file, though I don't know who to do that.

Interesting how much inaccurate information comes up, even among professionals.

<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689