This throws me back 25 years. Back in the day Macs used AIFF and Windows
WAV. The biggest difference is how the data is stored in the data stream
but other than that not much. We also use W64 files for recordings that are
8-16GB in size, so far without a hint of a problem.

Martin, about sampling rate, in all my years I was asked for 192kHz once.
All other projects, including the ones I did for my label were either 48kHz
for speech or 96kHz for music. m$.02.

Cheers
Shai Drori
Expert digitization services for Audio Video
3K scanning for film 8mm-35mm
Timeless Recordings Music Label
www.audiovideofilm.com