Martin, IRQ assignments are made in bios. An old trick is to reset default values with the offending card removed. Then add the card back in. Either the system will reassign interrupts and enable the card, or bios will allow manual assignments. I think though that the Maudio card is of the vintage that didn't require IRQ config. But all this is way back in my leaky memory.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Martin Fisher
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 11:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] [EXTERNAL] Re: [ARSCLIST] Digitizing Audio Interface recommendations

Thanks to all who threw in on this thread.  I've still got some researching to do but I think that my "problem" with the current setup is that my audio is sharing IRQ with the video!  Just can't figure out how to easily reconfigure it in Windows 7, given the quirks of my particular setup.  I'll certainly try to do that but will still eventually have to make the switch to the updated OS and move to a new interface so your suggestions and guidance are appreciated.

🙂

Martin