It has been rumoured that the vast BBC Archives might be 'pruned' due
to the staff (younger staff) deeming much to be non-woke or non-PC or
non-BLM (we have the fascist branch of BLM here in the UK).

Certainly OTR enthusiasts in the UK are recovering and restoring and
releasing productions from directors and writers such as David Croft
and Jimmy Perry - writers of Dad's Army, but also It Ain't Half Hot
Mum, and anything featuring the Alf Garnett character. Google these.
These latter productions will never see the light of day again due to
their anti-PC stance and implied racism (the norm in Brit. society for
when they were written and aired in the 1970s.)

Then there are the documentaries by Philip Donnellan which explored
social issues in his time (again 1970s) such as the perceived
exploitation of Irish immigrants in the building and construction
trades. He was so sure that the Beeb would wipe or junk his films
after airing that he always took the masters home with him. And so
they did - few of his documentaries survive, but his classic The
Irishmen (about the building of the Victoria tube line in London is
now on YouTube.

Then too there is the amazing output of Charles Chilton - who
incidentally not only created and wrote for the Eagle comic Dan Dare
(space explorer), but also the highly acclaimed (now) Space Force
radio series. These latter episodes had all been junked by the Beeb,
but luckily all were home-taped by enthusiasts and they are now a hot
selling item on eBay.

Chilton also wrote Riders of the Range - a radio series about Cowboys
and Indians in the Wild West. This series went into the hundreds in
the 50s and 60s. Not one episode remains - all were wiped. But the
Annuals are frequently for sale on eBay. He wrote and produced many
radio musical docudramas including How the West Was Won, and How the
West Was Sung. Also he wrote similar docudramas for the history of the
Texas Longhorn, and plight of the Indians (Native Americans was not a
term used then). Most of his output is listed in his Wiki page. But
most of his recordings are lost. They are too un-PC to be researched
and saved. Luckily we have quite a few complete series, and many
isolated episodes.

Then there is Charles Parker and his Radio Ballads, in co-operation
with Ewan MacColl and Peggy Seeger. These too were about serious
social issues of the time such as Polio, HIV, Travellers (aka Romanys)
but also covered such as workmen on the Railways, Ship Building, Coal
Mining, Boxing, and numerous other subjects of little interest to
todays woke generations. These programmes are rarely aired. But
luckily they are in circulation. Their subject matter would be too
woke for the snowflakes of today.

Then there are A.L.Loyd's and Ewan MacColl's epic musical docudramas.
These will never be aired again because 1/ they were wiped or 2/ they
are mouldering in the dusty archives. But we have rescued The Song
Carriers, and Songs of the People. These are in circulation.

Such is Alan Lomax's Song / Ballad Hunter series for the Beeb with
Charles Parker. Only one copy exists in the dusty archives in
Birmingham. Again the songs that he discovered and recorded would be
too un-PC for airing ever again. Copies are NOT in circulation.

Then there is Michael Mason's epic series - usually of 26 episodes.
His first series Plain Tales of the Raj are too un-PC to he aired
again. Only 4 out of 8 episodes exist. Then there was More Plain Tales
of the Raj - again few eps. survive. These will never be aired again.
His later works The Long March of Everyman and The British Seafarer we
have rescued from oblivion and are in circulation.

You can read up about all of these talented folk via Google and Wiki.
But ALL of the above would have been wiped by the wokes and snowflakes
in the Beeb - aka a young generation of staff who don't give a damn
about real heritage. Indeed it is the above and more that are rumoured
to be consigned to the 'garbage bins of history' never to be heard
again. A bit like Netflix continually rewriting British history and
offending the Royal Family with fictitious and vicious plot-lines in
The Crown et al. A series that indeed does deserve to be wiped; but
never the programmes from the above named BBC producers (BTW all of
whom have now passed).

We have also heard that the British Library might also be consigning
many of its holdings to the 'locked cupboard', esp. material
mentioning the slave trade or yore. The National Trust is also going
through the history of its big houses and palaces and castles to
document any connections with the slave trade. It is assumed then that
they will sell off many such buildings or gardens etc. to remove any
properties from its portfolio that is slightly contentious. Such is
the fear about the British Library and its multi-media holdings, but
mainly books, with similar connections.

I am not sure whether this answers Steve's original request. But there
are many who are passionate about saving our real history from the
destruction and re-creation promoted by woke and BLM and PC culture
from mainly younger folk who know it all but now nothing.  Many of us
feel that our precious historical archives and artefacts are being
plundered and destroyed by deliberate mis-interpretation of historical
facts to promote weird and wild political points that we cannot relate
too.

CJB