I don't know where you got the idea the BBC were junking archive material.
I very much doubt it.

As for being up in arms about material from the 50's 60's and 70's being
wiped,  this was routine due to the cost of tape, storage and the fact that
unions blocked repeats etc. It has nothing to do with 'woke' people. The
BBC only started to routinely keep TV in the 80"s (and radio much later).
Even Monty Python only survives complete due to a law suit that gave the
Pythons control of the series and Terry Jones rescued the masters of series
1 shortly before they were due to be wiped.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We know the worth of this stuff now, but it
was considered disposable at the time. This is why organisations such as
Kaleidoscope exist (they hunt down lost TV). They recently have returned a
whole series of TV shows by disgraced presenter Rolf Harris to the BBC -
who have accepted them! If they were wiping things for Woke reasons they
wouldn't have taken those back.

Anyway back to the original point. The BBC don't keep much in the way of
original tapes anymore. Once transferred to digital the tapes are offered
to the British Film Institute or destroyed (this has led to mistakes where
an episode of a show has been missed during copying, so its not fool proof).

In most cases with new shows there is no hard copy or tape to be archived
as everything from start to finish is digital so just gets injested into
massive data storage systems.