*** Please excuse cross-posting. ***
CORE Cataloging Norms Interest Group (CNIG) invites speakers to present as part of the CORE Virtual Interest Group Week. The CNIG session will take place virtually on Monday, February 1, 2021 from 11-Noon EST / 10-11am CST.
Cataloging Norms Interest Group offers a forum for the exploration, communication, and exchange of ideas on the dynamics and evolution of cataloging/metadata norms and workflows.
We encourage and seek out participation from anyone with an interest in cataloging - from public, academic, school, or special libraries - regardless of experience level or training.
We hope that speakers will pardon the tight turnaround time. We will be aiming to keep presentations on the shorter side, 15 minutes maximum with time for brief Q&A. We will be available to assist speakers with any technical concerns. We welcome new presentations or presentations previously presented outside of CORE on any of the following topics:
· Evolution, definition, and functions of the catalog and cataloging norms
· Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in relation to cataloging
· Emerging concepts and implementations of "next generation catalogs"
· Cataloging and metadata in hybrid and digital libraries
· Changes in catalogers' workflows
· Quality control and benchmarking
· How end users' expectations and behaviors affect cataloging norms
· Metadata records and elements in different contexts
· Impact of web norms on cataloging norms
· Cataloging education/continuing education
· Cataloging department collaboration with other library units
· Catalogers sharing public service responsibilities
· RDA: integration of records, training.
· Best practices for digital repositories
Proposals should include:
· Presentation title
· Short presentation summary (less than 150 words)
· Name, title, affiliation, and email address for all presenters
If you have questions, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you! Presenters will be notified no later than Friday, January 8, 2021.
Coordinator of Technical Services
Raynor Memorial Libraries
206-434-6556 (cell phone)