It’s that time of year again, when federal and military librarians across the globe begin thinking about how to award a deserving federal librarian colleague. Look no further than the RUSA Website. Please consider filling out nomination forms for your deserving colleagues!

RUSA Federal Achievement Award:  http://www.ala.org/rusa/rusa-federal-achievement-award

·        The award nominees do not need to be current members of RUSA for this award.

·        The award recognizes an individual for achievement in the promotion of library and information service and the information profession in the Federal community.

RUSA Federal Rising Stars Initiative: http://www.ala.org/rusa/rusa-federal-rising-stars-initiative

·        The award nominee must be a RUSA member in good standing or a former ASGCLA member.

·        Criteria include: work in a federal or armed forces library/government information management setting; have graduated from an MLS/MLIS program five years ago or less; worked as a professional librarian or information manager for five years or less.

These awards recognize and honor the outstanding professional contributions and achievements of your RUSA peers. This special recognition by RUSA enhances the sense of personal growth and accomplishment of our members, provides our membership with role models, and strengthens the image of our membership in the eyes of employers, leadership, and the librarianship community as a whole.

The focus is federal librarianship and that includes you and your colleagues!

Nominate a colleague today! Or next week or the week after – but don’t wait too long. The nomination period closes February 12th 2021.