I raised the same points on publicity and the calendar, but hadn't heard
anything back, so thank you, Rocco, for sending this. Wyoming does not have
activities every quarter, so would be unable to meet that requirement. And
a publicity policy would make a lot more sense than having to request
permission each time on logo use.

Susan Mark, Outreach Librarian
Wyoming State Library
2800 Central Ave.
Cheyenne WY 82002
307-777-5915
800-264-1281

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 9:00 AM Julianna Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Rocco,
>
> Valid points.
>
> Is the LOC hosting the 12/16 meeting?
>
> Please let us know how we can help.
>
> Julianna Robbins
> Program Manager
> *California Center for the Book*
> *California Library Association*
> http://calbook.org
> Facebook & Instagram: @CaliforniaCenterfortheBook
> Slack: cacenterforthebook.slack.com
> Mobile: 562-277-8168 <(562)%20277-8168>
>
> *California Center for the Book is a program of the California Library
> Association <http://www.cla-net.org/>, supported in whole or in part by
> the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services
> <http://www.imls.gov/> under the provisions of the Library Services and
> Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian
> <http://www.library.ca.gov/>.*

> On Dec 8, 2020, at 6:51 AM, Rocco Staino <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Guy,
>
> I am a little confused.  When & where were we asked to sign the
> agreement?  I thought that we all have various agreement dates. Does this
> mean all 53 agreements end at the same time?
>
> Also, I would have liked to see the various questions from my colleagues
> and the answers to those questions.
>
> I thought that this was a draft agreement which would go through various
> revisions with discussion taking place on our various calls.
>
> Who is supposed to sign this agreement?  In my case, this would have to go
> before the New York Library Association Council at one of their scheduled
> meetings for official approval..  I think you should be available via
> telephone or zoom to answer questions that the council may have.
>
> In the meantime, here are my comments and questions:
>
> Seation 5* Responsibilities*
>
> This section appears to be lopsided with only 4 responsibilities for LOC
> and 8 for the affiliates.
>
> In section IV I have these questions
>
> *Report semi-annually on the activities of the [State] Center for the Book
> to the LOC Center for the Book Program, especially those in support of the
> Library, *
>
>    - Why is it necessary to double our reporting?  Who besides you will
>    be reviewing these reports?  What type of feedback will States be receiving
>    from the LOC from our reports.  Feedback would mean 106 responses from LOC
>    annually.
>
> In section V I have this comment:
>
> *Participate in Affiliate Centers for the Book coordinator meetings and/or
> conference calls and other activities, either remotely or in person.*
>

>    - Shouldn't there be a responsibility for LOC listed.  Such as
>    coordinate such meetings to include soliciting agenda items and sending out
>    notices for meetings (This is currently done by volunteers but LOC as the
>    umbrella organization should be coordinating this)
>
> in Section VI
>
>  *Contribute to the success of Library of Congress initiatives, such as
> [...]

of public
business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be
disclosed to third parties.