All—

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Things are certainly very different, but there is still much to be thankful for.

Thanks to the centers that have signed their agreements. If you will be signing, please remove “Draft” from the top and send to me.

I would like to have these in place by Jan. 15, 2021.

For those of you who sent me questions, you should be hearing back from me this week. I have responded already to those questions I had answers for.

I am having a meeting this week in which I will get your other questions answered.

Some of you have raised concerns in re whether things will become more cumbersome following this agreement. In a word, the answer is no. We are simply working to strengthen the network with an agreement. As you know, the CFB network has grown over many years to reach its current 53 centers. But now that we have the 53 centers that were a goal way back when the first affiliate center came on board, it would be good for us to all be on the same page. I also hope this agreement will give you more gravitas within the organizations you are associated with and will assist with fundraising, etc.

I cannot say this too many times: Thanks for all you do to carry out the CFB mission nationally of promoting books, literacy, libraries and reading.

Best to all of you,

Guy

Guy Lamolinara

Head, Center for the Book