NLS Operations Alert

No. 20-77

DATE        :   December 11, 2020

TO            :   Network Libraries

FROM       :   David Spett, Data and Analytics Officer

SUBJECT :   Invitation to upcoming meetings on data

NLS will be hosting in-depth follow-up conversations with network libraries on three topics addressed at last week’s national conference. We invite interested network librarians and staff to attend these meetings. NLS will set aside time for you to ask questions, share feedback, and raise any concerns you may have.

  1. NLS Readership and Circulation Data Gathering

Monday, December 14, 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (EST)

As NLS considers how to gather readership and circulation data from network libraries in future years, we will discuss the dual approaches utilized for FY 2020 data along with lessons learned. NLS will present multiple potential options for future data gathering along with possible benefits and drawbacks of each. We will solicit feedback and suggestions from attendees and present a timeline for decision-making and rollout of any changes for FY 2021 and beyond.

  1. Gallup Survey of Patrons and Potential Patrons – Methodology

Tuesday, December 15, 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. (EST)

NLS will discuss the sampling and recruitment methodology utilized in the 2019 and 2020 Gallup surveys of patrons, potential patrons, and former patrons. We will discuss efforts to achieve a representative patron sample, ways in which those efforts succeeded, and steps underway to increase the accessibility of survey invitations in future years.

  1. Gallup Survey of Patrons and Potential Patrons – 2019 Results

Tuesday, December 15, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (EST)

NLS will discuss the results of the 2019 Gallup surveys of patrons and potential patrons. These surveys covered a variety of topics, including media consumption, technology access and familiarity, patron referral sources, preferred communication methods, familiarity with BARD and reasons for using or not using BARD, and a variety of demographic topics. NLS will review survey results.

Please use the following login information to access each meeting:

Join by computer or mobile device (preferred): https://locgov.webex.com/meet/dasp

Or join by phone: (510) 210-8882, access code 903 811 994

Recordings of the sessions will be posted afterward to the Network Library Services website.

Note that times given are eastern standard time (EST).

For more information, contact:

David Spett

NLS Data and Analytics Officer