The ALA Core Metadata Interest Group seeks speakers to present at its meeting during the ALA Core Virtual Interest Group Week, held from February 1-5, 2021.

The past year has necessitated changes to how we work. From working from home to budget shortages, new challenges and ways of working have transformed metadata workflows and how we approach our work. Have you implemented new tools or ideas to better suit the work from home environment? Are you experimenting with new approaches to metadata creation? If so, we want to hear from you! Consider submitting your proposal for a 15-minute presentation at the Core Metadata Interest Group session, followed by discussion.

Potential topics include, but are not limited to:

Please submit your proposal by emailing the Interest Group’s Programming Co-chairs, Mingyan Li and Rachel Berman Turner, by Friday, December 25, 2020. The presenters will be notified of decisions by Friday, January 15th.

Your proposal should include the following:

The name, email, job title and affiliated institution of the presenter(s), the title of the presentation, and an abstract not to exceed 300 words.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mingyan Li ([log in to unmask]) or Rachel Berman Turner ([log in to unmask]), Core MIG Programming Co-Chairs.

The Metadata Interest Group meeting will take place during the 2021 ALA Core Virtual Interest Group Week on Tuesday, February 2, 2021, from 2:00-3:00 pm Eastern Time.

Thanks!

Mingyan Li

She/Her

Metadata Librarian

University Library

University of Illinois Chicago

E: mli5@uic.edu

P: (312) 996-3040

[log in to unmask]" alt="horizontal rule">

801 S. Morgan St. |2-480 LIB (MC 234) | Chicago, IL 60607

Library.uic.edu

[log in to unmask]" alt="facebook"> [log in to unmask]" alt="instagram"> [log in to unmask]" alt="twitter"> [log in to unmask]" alt="twitter">