RDA 11.13.1.8 says to add elements for the number, date, and location of
the conference to the name "if applicable and readily ascertainable." That
doesn't ensure that each AAP will be as complete as possible, but it does
instruct us to record information for these three elements apart from what
appears in the name when we can easily do so.

There are cases where the conference name does not indicate an online
venue, e.g., "COCOON (Conference) (26th : 2020 : Online); and cases where a
redundant physical location is added to the RDA AAP, e.g., "Biennale di
Venezia  (29th : 1958 : Venice, Italy)".

Stephen

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
University of Minnesota