Hello,

I am working with the Community Archiving Workshop project (link below),
part of whose mission is training non-professionals in the basics of
audiovisual archiving. For these workshops, we are building "kits' that
will include samples of multiple film, videotape, and audiotape formats.
These are for "pass-it-around" format ID instruction. We are in need of
samples of the following audio tape formats, and hope that some list
members might be able to help. Obviously they should be blank or junk
tapes. We just need them to be in generally good physical condition and in
the case of reel-to-reel formats, are seeking a reel rather than just a
snippet. CAW will pay for shipping costs. Please message me privately if
you have samples of any of the following that you would be willing to
donate and we can discuss logistics:

2" audiotape
1" audiotape
1/2" audiotape
1/4" audiotape - *paper base only*
Audiotape carts
Microcassette
DAT
DA-88

I'm also happy to answer any questions you might have about the project.

https://communityarchiving.org

Best,

Jeff Martin
Archival Moving Image Consulting