Burns is a storyteller, and a very good one, not a professional historian. What you might want to do is look through the credits from his film and try contacting some of the folks who did the legwork. IMHO, he does hire good people to work with him. Think of him as PBS Wikipedia, if you will - not a primary source at all, but a place where one might find some useful pointers to the good stuff.

Some of us always read the credits anyhow!

----
Scott Burgess | Manager of Recording Labs and Live Sound | Lecturer
Dept of Music and Entertainment Industry Studies
University of Colorado Denver
303-315-7462 (office)
[log in to unmask] | cam.ucdenver.edu <http://cam.ucdenver.edu/>