Is the VR II a mono cart?   If so,  what is the difference between
a mono cart,  and a stereo cart summed to mono in the DAW?

Cheers Tim.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List"
To:<[log in to unmask]>
Sent:Sat, 30 Jan 2021 16:03:42 -0800
Subject:Re: [ARSCLIST] VRII a necessary option

 Ben- The mottled surface you can see on laminated discs is the
problem.
 Using a stereo cartridge doesn't work so well if you have any
vertical
 information.
 Something I have tried with the VRII is have the stylus a little
lower -
 meaning that it doesn't have to be between the poles but just below
them.
 It reduces the output a little if it is too much for a direct
connection to
 the phono on an amplifier. I use a Heathkit WA P-2 preamp tube amp so
it
 accepts the higher input level.
 I wonder if an assembly could be made with a 3D printer for the
GE.-Mickey