Carol - Please see Wisconsin's replies in blue.

Thanks,
Larry
________________________________
From: Limited to participants in Jakarta CAP program (CAPSEA) <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Mitchell, Carol <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 8:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Questions about web-harvest and e-journal

I would like to know what you (or your university in the larger sense is doing in regards to open source materials. Please share with either me or the group.  This will help me develop broader national policies and proposals at the upcoming AAS meeting.

  1.  Is your university member of IIPC (International Internet Preservation Consortium?  Are you aware of this consortium? -- ​No
  2.  Is your university a member of any cooperative internet preservation consortium? Please describe your participation? -- ​By “internet preservation", if you mean cloud-based efforts to support the preservation of digital content (e.g. HathiTrust, Portico, CLOCKSS/LOCKSS, Fedora/Lyrasis, etc.  If so, the answer is yes to all of these.  We contribute funding, developer time, content, and support to all of these.  If by “internet preservation”, we mean web archiving and the like, we do bits and pieces using Archive-IT but that’s fairly small scale; and, there is the Internet Archive which we do not directly support to my knowledge.
  3.  Are you systematically collecting websites from Southeast Asia?
     *   Are you collecting one at time?
     *   Do you have collection policy or at least sense of what you are collecting in terms of linking it to your own priorities?  Please share this collection goal.
     *   Do you have named collection on Internet Archive?
  4.  Are you systematically collecting open source journals, esp those using open journal system, from Southeast Asia?
     *   Are these journals fully cataloged?
     *   Are these on your university server where they will be preserved?
  5.  Are you systematically collecting government annual reports and serials not in Open Journal System?
     *   Are these journals fully cataloged?
     *   Are these on your university server where they will be preserved?
  6.  Are you systematically collecting PDF monographic reports?
     *   Are these journals fully cataloged?
     *   Are these on your university server where they will be preserved?

Please add any other comments or observations.

Carol L. Mitchell, Ph.D.
Field Director, Jakarta Office
Library of Congress