NLS Operations Alert

No. 21-11

DATE         :   January 26, 2021
TO             :   Network Libraries
FROM        :   Kristen Fernekes, Head, Communications and Outreach Section
SUBJECT  :   NLS 90th Anniversary Celebrations

This year, NLS will mark our 90th anniversary-highlighting our history and the array of services provided to patrons-with programming that will include online events, recognitions, and digital content, which will be shared throughout our various channels including NLS social media and public facing website.

Our 90th will kick off with a very special virtual concert featuring jazz pianist Matthew Whitaker on March 3, marking the day that our founding legislation was signed by President Hoover. The concert will take place at 8 p.m. on the Library of Congress's YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/libraryofcongress<http://www.youtube.com/libraryofcongress>). You will find engaging digital content throughout the rest of the calendar year focusing on the rich history, extensive services, incredible patrons and committed staff, and our invaluable network libraries across the country.

The celebration provides an opportunity for you to engage potential patrons and library stakeholders by sharing these events and highlights through your publications and digital platforms. Keep an eye out for updates on the NLS website and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ThatAllMayRead<http://www.facebook.com/ThatAllMayRead>). We encourage you to share the NLS posts and other content, along with your local library program highlights, throughout the year with the hashtags #NLS90 and #ThatAllMayRead.

We appreciate your participation and look forward to seeing highlights from local events.

For more information, please contact: