I agree as well. We have a new Administration and both houses of Congress are in more sympathetic party alignment. The CNN article further supports this. It seems like the right time.

Peter

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Violeta Ilik
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 4:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Illegal aliens heading

As a former Alien-- Legal status I fully support this.

Violeta

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 4:16 PM Matthew C. Haugen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Especially since the use of the term "Alien" in U.S. laws was a central argument about why the LC could not change the terms, there may already be some news on that front:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/alien-biden-immigration-law/index.html

Matthew