More work needs to be done on this beyond deleting the 667. One entry needs to be reported to LC for deletion since they clearly represent the same person. Whichever one you are keeping, you can spruce that one up by removing the 667 and adding the 670s (one for the other work and probably one for the WVBR website-the website also helps decide that his preferred form of name is James M.). I recommend keeping nr2003035603 and reporting n 2001042142 for deletion since nr2003035603 seems to use his current preferred form of name.

Jessica Janecki

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Christopher Thomas
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2021 3:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Error in 667?

I am cataloging a work by James M. Wagstaffe, of WVBR Law LLP.  There is an LC authority record (n 2001042142) for Wagstaffe, James, but it has a 667 note:
Cannot identify with James M. Wagstaffe, author of California practice guide. Federal civil procedure before trial

I believe this note is incorrect.  The work cited in the authority record is "Romancing the room".  The WVBR website indicates that the James M. Wagstaffe who is a partner there is the author of both "Romancing the room" and "The Wagstaffe Group Practice Guide: Federal Civil Procedure Before Trial".
https://wvbrlaw.com/team_member/james-m-wagstaffe/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/wvbrlaw.com/team_member/james-m-wagstaffe/__;!!OToaGQ!-v3uVpf1uSqdW-XFtVsnL6afI0vawN1zOJ8AmcM6X43b_XyIWcBx9BKFeCkmqhe7NwN7_w$>

Can I delete the 667 and add a 670 for the other work, or should I ask LC before deleting the 667?

Christopher Thomas, M.L.S.| Electronic Resources and Metadata Librarian
(949) 824-7681 | fax (949) 824-6700 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Law Library * University of California * Irvine
www.law.uci.edu/library<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.law.uci.edu/library__;!!OToaGQ!-v3uVpf1uSqdW-XFtVsnL6afI0vawN1zOJ8AmcM6X43b_XyIWcBx9BKFeCkmqhewyggNqA$>