I have noticed something with pressed 16" records, as were pressed on vinyl
for radio play.  They can be rather floppy (cf. Corey's discussion), and I
think I am hearing a good difference when I put a heavy center weight on
the 16" record.  I always use that for regular LPs as well, as a matter of
course.  Why have the record itself experiencing any kind of vertical
motion as it plays?  Nothing good comes from that.

Best,
John Haley