I've revisited playing around with Marie O'Connell's wet play
technique but have come to a dead end as I need as a test sample an
actual squealing tape which does not respond to normal baking. Marie
mentioned PEM 469 of which I have many reels but the samples I've
tried seem to play fine. I also have much 3M 177 but reports on that
seem mixed. Perhaps that's related to the moderate Mediterranean
climate here in Perth, Australia.  Richard Hess mentions 3M 175 and
some others but what would be the most common known bad cases? I may
have some here in my collection but it would shorten the process if I
could narrow my search down to certain tape types known to squeal
regardless of baking.

Thanks for any advice,

Tim

Perth, Western Australia