This particular issue was not dealt with in Module 6 but there is a recent FAQ on the NACO website that deals with it:

https://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/; then go to the bullet point

Working with “Undifferentiated” conventional collective title work and expression authority records: FAQ

Or the direct link is here.

https//www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/naco/documents/FAQ-AAP-Collections.docx

The FAQ was posted before the “Feasibility study” for deemphasizing conventional collective titles with “Selections” (see FN 3 in the FAQ). The outcomes of that study have not been published nor have policies been made yet. The FAQ will be revised when policies have been made on this issue.

Meanwhile, the main point was that differentiation between various “selections” of an author are made at the work level, so generally speaking we’d expect some sort of qualifier after the word “Selections” if there are more than one collection of a person’s selected works. But the trend is to simply name the collection by using the name of the collection found on the manifestation.

Note: the Feasibility study only applies to conventional collective titles (and as I said, final decisions on policy have not been made). Selections from an individual work will continue to be treated as described in the FAQ.

Bob

Robert L. Maxwell
6728 Harold B. Lee Library
Brigham Young University