As LD4 moves towards its vision of a community-driven leadership, the current LD4 steering committee seeks to expand its membership with a number of additional members. In this phase, we seek three additional members who jointly expand representation in a number of dimensions:

The three additional steering members chosen from those expressing interest to this call will be appointed for two-year terms; the initial six members of the Steering Committee also will serve for fixed, staggered terms. The current steering committee members will select the new steering members; future membership in the Steering Committee will be appointed by a to-be-determined community-driven process.

The LD4 Community has expressed a number of different areas of interest including:

More broadly, LD4 is a community that works together to advance library practice. We focus on linking and using data on the Web to advance the mission, goals and objectives of libraries. Participation in the LD4 Community is open to anyone -- individual or institution; non-profit, government or commercial. LD4 brings together thousands of individuals worldwide through direct participation and through its various channels, projects and events. The LD4 Vision, Mission, Principles, and proposed Activities can be found on the LD4 Community webpage.The LD4 Steering Committee will discuss ways of empowering the community to achieve these goals. We anticipate monthly, hour-long calls although the group may need to meet more frequently at first to initiate momentum.

If interested in joining the LD4 Steering Committee, please submit a paragraph stating your interest to [log in to unmask] by February 27, 2021. The selection of new members will be announced approximately two weeks after this date.

All the best

Philip

Philip E. Schreur, PhD

Associate University Librarian for Technical and Access Services

Stanford University

Green Library

557 Escondido Mall

Stanford, CA 94305-6004