Hello O Wise Ones!

I'm trying to figure out if either of these authority records is the correct one for the city of Shenyang, China:

n  81062631 Shenyang (Liaoning Sheng, China)
nr2004014556 Shenyang Shi (China)

Or do these records need to be merged?  The coordinates in the 034 are identical.  If they're describing different geographic entities, what's the difference?  I have zero Chinese language knowledge, except for the word for "apple" in Mandarin, and zero knowledge of Chinese administrative/geographical districts.

Thanks in advance,
Rachel

Rachel Shaevel | Metadata Librarian
Harold Washington Library Center | Chicago Public Library
400 S. State St. | Chicago, IL 60605 | 312 747-4660
she/her/hers