From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Andrew, Paige G.
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 11:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Dubai vs Dubayy

Ben,

Because the country itself is divided administratively into Emirates what you are seeing is the name of one of those seven but since it is the same place name the way to disambiguate is to include ": Emirate" as part of the rest of the info. I believe "Dubayy" is not spelled correctly (see the Wikipedia article below) and should be "Dubai" just as it is spelled for the city, which is what makes that addition necessary to distinguish between the place that is a city versus the place that is an Emirate. I can look into this further to see if "Dubayy" is accurate or not, if it IS then the " : Emirate" is not needed.

Paige

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emirates_of_the_United_Arab_Emirates

Statistics of the seven emirates Flag Emirate Arabic name Date joined the UAE Capital Population % of total population Area (km 2) Area (sq mi) % of total area

en.wikipedia.org