The approved form of the Emirate's name is "Dubayy", in which case there isn't a conflict with the name of the city of "Dubai". Unless someone has a good reason not to, I can go in and change "Dubayy (United Arab Emirates : Emirate)" to Dubayy (United Arab Emirates)"

Paige

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Benjamin A Abrahamse <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 11:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [PCCLIST] Dubai vs Dubayy

More out of curiosity than anything else, can someone explain why the AAP for city of Dubai is Dubai (United Arab Emirates) but the AAP for the emirate itself is Dubayy (United Arab Emirates : Emirate)? I�m not really seeing that distinction in other reference sources.

Thanks,

--Ben

Ben Abrahamse

Metadata Librarian