From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Richard Murray
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 9:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dubai vs Dubayy

I also think keeping "United Arab Emirates : Emirate" as the qualifier might signal, at least to the more savvy catalog users, that this is the heading for the emirate, and not a "misspelled" version of the city, as "Dubayy (United Arab Emirates)" could be interpreted to be.

Rich

Rich Murray
Principal Cataloger
Catalog Librarian for Spanish and Portuguese Languages | Rare Books | Sequential Art
Duke University Libraries
Durham, North Carolina, USA
https://isni.org/isni/0000000114975413 | http://viaf.org/viaf/119627525