From: [log in to unmask]
To:<[log in to unmask]>
Sent:Tue, 6 Apr 2021 07:24:48 -0500
Subject:Re: [ARSCLIST] [78-L] What happened to Columbia's masters and
the masters from some of the other companies? Could they still be
used?

 Hello Eric,

 I receive original metal parts from Victor and Columbia catalog
 regularly from their vault for remastering jobs. Much of it still
 exists, but condition varies from pristine to unplayable. If you are
 looking to press new 78's from them, the biggest issue is getting the
 plates that fit their format. Those were all destroyed at the
 manufacturing plant and as far as my inquiries have gone, no one has
the
 knowledge how to make new ones for modern pressing facilities. If you
 wish to license, email me directly and I can get you in touch with
the
 correct people at Sony.

 Best,

 Andreas

https://78records.wordpress.com/2020/12/02/tales-from-the-vault-the-unauthorized-columbia-vinyl-pressings-1960/

 > Given the money and necessary permissions you can certainly make
records from old metal parts if they are still in decent condition.

 > Jay

<[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of ERIC BYRON
 > Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 6:29 PM
 > To: [log in to unmask]
 > Subject: [ARSCLIST] [78-L] What happened to Columbia's masters and
the masters from some of the other companies? Could they still be
used?

 > I know many of Victor's masters were destroyed when Victor
demolishedits Camden warehouse. Does anybody know what happened to
Columbia'smasters and the masters from some of the other companies? If
these masterswere found, would it still be possible to make recordings
from them?

 > Take care,
 >
 > Eric

Email sent using Optus Webmail