Hey folks,

I'm still brand new to the list so apologies if something like this has been asked before. I am currently researching American pop music of the acoustic era and I've found that in general histories of recorded sound, the acoustic era is often treated as a footnote to everything that came after it. For those who focus on that period, could you please recommend what your indispensable list of books about recording production and history during the acoustic era are?  (Meaning not straight discogs or catalogs, per se.) I'm looking for info more about the production side rather than the recording personalities (although there is of course overlap in many cases.) I am a classically trained musician with a background in music history (albeit medieval studies) so please don't be afraid to suggest more technical works. Thanks so much in advance!

P.S. If there is anyone with a copy of "Recording the Twenties" by Allan Sutton they'd be willing to part with, I really would like to read it but can't seem to get my hands on a copy!

Kind Regards,
Matthew Faranda
Visual Arts Division
Office of Registration Policy & Practice
United States Copyright Office
101 Independence Avenue SE
Washington, DC  20559-6222