DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
04/22/2021 to 05/13/2021
$69,505 to $90,362 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
Saint Cloud, MN1 vacancy
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Individuals with disabilities
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base
Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
Library Services provides and supports knowledge-based information services and resources for Health Care System staff, patients, healthcare affiliated students, and other clientele, such as family, in order to meet the mission of the St.
Cloud VAHCS, promote organizational and professional performance, and comply with regulatory and accreditation standards.
Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops, establishes, evaluates, and revises programs, considering the population served, needs and the services being provided, supporting resources, and policies and procedures. Program design is based
upon an assessment of the knowledge-based information needs of the Health Care System.
- Responsible for knowledge-based information resources of the Health Care System that are readily available, current and authoritative. Specific functions include: reference research, acquisitions, cataloging
and classification, and collection maintenance and evaluation. The incumbent utilizes appropriate procurement methodologies for library materials and is familiar with procurement regulations as they apply to the service and with national guidelines in order
to ensure that the library works with the national system as indicated.
- Administer budget; knowledge of funds control using automated information systems, specifically of IFCAP; knowledge of trends in professional library and information science; skills in developing proposals
for change in
operations based on identification of problems and needs assessment, or externally mandated programs; and skill in working with other libraries in the VA system and elsewhere to organize and develop programs that interface with information services at the facility.
With responsibility for Library budget, is aware of and reviews socio-economic goals when making acquisitions and purchases.
- Coordination of knowledge based information resources, whether print, electronic, internet, satellite, or audio. Required skills include organizing a means of keeping equipment in operating order and obtaining
repair as needed; setting up scheduling methods in order to monitor equipment that is in use; assessing need for audiovisual equipment throughout the facility; acquiring equipment according to regulations; assessing user needs for electronic services and finding
ways to meet needs through a combination of services available on site and elsewhere; teaching end users the use of equipment; knowledge of effective use of technology aids including computers for internet use; and knowledge of technology trends.
- Complying with all Federal, VA, VHA and local acquisition regulations, using mandated socio-economic entities and complying with the Javits-Wagner-O'Day Act and using mandatory sources.
- Verifying funds availability prior to making purchases and complying with single purchase and monthly cardholder limits placed on card.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Telework: Ad Hoc
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Librarian (Medical)/PD900490
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.