LAC Group seeks a Bibliometrics Librarian to be part of a prominent scientific institution in Northern New Mexico. The Bibliometrics Librarian will be responsible for leading research impact services at the library, training, and providing general research assistance. This role will collaborate across library project teams as well as directly with scientists and staff. This is a full-time employment position that will be a hybrid role (virtual and on-site) and will include relocation expenses.
- Lead research impact services at the library.
- Provide guidance to the community in the form of in-person and virtual individual consultations, group instruction, and print and video resources.
- Serve as a subject liaison and provide general research assistance.
- Serve as chair of the Research Library Metrics Team, developing policies, streamlining processes, assessing services, and honing outreach strategies.
- Communicate with stakeholders, both internal and external and actively participate in professional activities at a local, regional, national and international level.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association and at least 5 years of experience in bibliometrics.
- Knowledge of research impact metrics, documentation, writing reports, analysis methodologies and software, and federal funding policies.
- Demonstrated experience with bibliographic and citation databases, reference and research services including generating publication reports. Knowledge of current and emerging trends and theories in academic research is desired.
- Demonstrated experience with APIs such as CrossRef, Web of Science and/or Scopus.
- Previous experience with designing, planning, implementing and maintaining services in a library is preferred.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience, lead and manage teams and services. Any experience communicating or working with scientists, computer engineers and/or information technologists is a plus.
L • A • C G R O U P
The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender.