NLS Operations Alert

No. 21-40

DATE         :   May 21, 2021

TO             :   Network Libraries

FROM        :   Jason Yasner, Deputy Director

SUBJECT  :   Karen Keninger’s retirement

As most of you know, Karen Keninger is retiring at the end of this month after nine years as director of NLS. Her last day will be next Friday, May 28.

I will serve as interim director until the position is permanently filled.

The Library of Congress expects to announce the selection of a new director this summer.

I know all of you in the network join us in thanking Karen for her leadership as NLS re-shaped its organizational structure, embraced new technology, modernized its program, and—most importantly—improved service to patrons. We wish her all the best as she returns to her native Iowa, with Jimi, to write, travel, and enjoy a slower pace of life.

For more information contact:

Jason Yasner

Deputy Director