Register now to join us on 18 June 2021 from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm EDT for our next OCLC Cataloging Community Virtual Meeting. Attendees will hear cataloging members discuss current cataloging trends and hear cataloging updates from OCLC staff. Plus, all registrants will receive links to the meeting recording, notes and slides.
· Topic 1: Using WorldCat updates in WorldShare Collection Manager
· Becky Culbertson, Serials Cataloging Librarian from the California Digital Library will share why (and how) she uses WorldCat updates to automatically receive customized MARC records as they are improved by OCLC and the library community.
· Topic 2: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Metadata – a panel discussion
· Presenters from Columbia University Archives include Celeste L Brewer (Processing Archivist), Yingwen Huang (Processing Archivist) and Kevin W. Schlottmann (Head of Archives Processing) who will share how they identify married women by their full names in a presentation titled “Inclusive Description at the Rare Book and Manuscript Library.”
· Jennifer W. Baxmeyer (Assistant University Librarian for Metadata Services from Princeton University) will provide an update on the Mellon Grant to reimagine descriptive workflows. Jennifer is a member of the advisory group for the grant.
· Presenters from the Triangle Research Library Network, including Cory Lown (Application Development Project Lead from Duke University) and Lynn Whittenberger (Associate Head, Acquisitions and Discovery (Monographs) from North Carolina State University), will discuss “Remapping LC subject headings in TRLN discovery.”
· Topic 3: After a short break, OCLC staff members will share cataloging news and updates, including information on the Connexion client, WorldShare Record Manager, and WorldCat Metadata Quality.
Questions and comments may be posted during the presentation in chat and we’ve planned for plenty of time to answer questions during the meeting. We also look forward to continuing these conversations in the OCLC Community Center following this session.
Apologies for duplication of this message in many places.
Cynthia M. Whitacre
Senior Metadata Operations Manager
6565 Kilgour Place
Dublin, Ohio 43017
800-848-5878, ext. 6183