From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Hostage, John <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 6:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] International Monetary Fund Articles of Agreement

According to DCM Z1, Introduction, it is not necessary to establish each element of an access point for a title or name-title.  However, the cataloger who established the latter record should have taken note of the other one.

That leaves the question of what is the correct form of AAP.  Is this an international treaty, a charter of a non-jurisdictional body, or both?  RDA 6.29.1.14 says AAPs for charters are constructed according to what type of document it is.  It’s an agreement between countries, so treatment as a treaty (6.29.1.15) seems correct.  Cf. Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization ǂd (1994 April 15), Articles of Agreement of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development ǂd (1945 December 27)

Website for the agreement:

https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/aa/index.htm

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger