Hello,

Many thanks to Carl, William, and Charles for sending these comments.

We have subscribed to this serial/series since v. 1 from 1963, but I see that the cataloguing agency that created the SAR in 2015 limited their analysis to 2011 onwards.

That could reduce the re-cataloguing work. Using a classed as a collection number that matches that on the serial record is of course the best way to reduce effort in that we wouldn't have to retrieve the volumes from the stacks for re-labelling. The work could actually be done from home.

I'm pleased to see that it is still ok to class as a collection. We recently moved to OCLC WorldShare, so we'd need to add another 646 to the actual SAR, not having a local copy of the authority record in our system.

Browsing the series title in OCLC Connexion shows most records are in QK, with only a few in T (and also ebook versions), so it would probably be ok to class as a collection.

The richness of the monograph records with detailed 505s does suggest that users could discover these books more easily with monograph records.

For the time being, I'll let sleeping dogs lie, but I am pleased to have the perspective of other cataloguing agencies.

Best wishes, Karen

Karen Jensen

Acting Associate University Librarian, Collection Services
Concordia University Library

Collection Services

7141 Sherbrooke Street West, VL-301-60

Montreal, QC  H4B 1R6