**Please excuse cross-posting**
Have you ever wanted to lead a conversation with colleagues from near and far about professional development topics, without leaving the comfort of your home or office (or home office)? You can do this by hosting a Core e-Forum! Are you a librarian required to present or otherwise disseminate your expertise to the library community for promotion/tenure consideration? Depending on your institution's criteria, you can do so by hosting a Core e-Forum!
These two-day, moderated, electronic discussion forums provide an opportunity to discuss matters of interest on a Core e-mail list. Free of charge, e-Forums occur approximately once a month and are available to anyone who wishes to subscribe.
We are currently seeking discussion leaders (moderators/hosts) for e-Forums starting in August 2021 and beyond. Moderators develop questions, lead the discussion and provide daily summaries. When concluded, moderators prepare an overall summary for the list as well as Core News.
Check out the E-Forum website for examples: http://www.ala.org/core/continuing-education/e-forums
Potential topics of interest include topics related to any of the Core sections, like the following:
· Removing bias from library catalogs and/or collections
· Emerging technology and concepts most important to library personnel
· Equitable textbook access/Course reserve management
· Media accessibility
· Tech lending
· Navigating changes in professional interests
· Collection development trends in an “e-world”
· Assistance for librarians from developing countries
· Library operations post-pandemic
· Other -- your choice!
Rebecca Uhl & Nicole Lewis
Core e-Forum Coordinators