Hello all,

At our library we have items in our collection by Lillie D. Chaffin however in the authority database there are no 670 fields connected to n 80025856. The authority is not coded as being an undifferentiated personal name. Looking at LOC’s catalog the bulk of the titles connected to this authority are the same as what is listed in Contemporary Authors for Lillie D(orton) Chaffin. The information in CA is also congruent with the information on the items in our collection.

Now should I just assume that this is the same person as the author in my collection or do I need to create a new authority with a new authorized access point?

Kristin Anderson

Technical Services Acquisitions Librarian

Paul Sawyier Public Library

319 Wapping St.

Frankfort, KY 40601

502-352-2665 ext. 203