***Please excuse cross-posting ***

The Cataloging and Classification Research Interest Group (CCRIG) is
inviting speakers to present at the Core Virtual Interest Group Week this
July. Our session will be held on July 28 at 3:00-4:00 Eastern Time.

We are seeking two presentations that are about 20 minutes long. Audience
questions and discussion will follow the presentations.

Theme: Ethical Cataloging: Toward Diversity and Inclusiveness

Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

   -

   Ethical issues in subject analysis and biases in classification schemes,
   thesauri and other knowledge organization systems
   -

   How we define cataloging ethics
   -

   Adding inclusive/diverse subject headings in local/shared catalogs
   -

   New research on ethics in cataloging/classification

Please email proposals to the Co-Chairs by Monday, June 21, 2021. We will
make our selections and contact applicants by the end of June. In your
proposal, please include the following:

   -

   Presentation title
   -

   Abstract: 150-300 words
   -

   Amount of time needed to make the presentation
   -

   Name(s) and position(s) of presenter(s)
   -

   Email address(es) of presenter(s)